Monday, January 31, 2011

Lobotomy Bock, Indian Wells Brewing Co., Inyokern, CA

It is no wonder that after tasting 20-some-odd breweries in the month of January, I am starting to see double.  I picked up this 6 pack of Indian Wells, Lobotomy Bock from my near by Whole Foods before heading to Lon's house for a chili and corn bread dinner last night.  I picked out this beer for a couple reasons; first there are only so many 6 packs offered at my grocery store bottled by breweries that I have yet to try in 2011.  I am starting to find myself faced with the option of finding new grocery stores to shop in - no problemo, or starting to buy more single bottles of import beers that are above $10 bucks.  I hate to reveal that I am a cheap skate, but this could prove to be a problemo.  The second reason I chose this beer was due to its name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobotomy 

Here is a Dopplebock description as written by: BeerAdvocate.com
Description:
Bocks-are relatively strong German lagers. Doppelbocks--as the name might suggest--are typically even stronger and contain enough malty goodness that they’ve been considered a meal in a glass for centuries. Generally they have a very full-bodied flavor and are darker than their little Bock brothers and sisters and a higher level of alcohol too. They range in color from dark amber to nearly black, and dark versions often have slight chocolate or roasted characters.

Well done Indian Wells Brewing Co, I look forward to trying more of your tasty brews coming out of the California desert.

-KB

No comments:

Post a Comment