Saturday, January 22, 2011

Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale

It's not a typo- it's really "Indian" and not " India. I've watched a few episodes of Brewmasters and really wasn't sure what to expect from this beer. From the name and label, I expected a hybrid of a brown ale with an IPA, but I was wrong.  The roasty and chocolaty flavors in this beer really stand out in an incredibly complex but not overpowering way. Hops are present but subtle and there is also a slight taste of alcohol which goes along perfectly with the other flavors.  If you can buy this beer, try it- it's very complex and has all kinds of things going on which allow you to savor each sip. My favorite of all my 2011 tastings by a good bit. Delicious.
-Taster Be

2 comments:

  1. I've only had 1 kind of Dogfish Head - the price always turns me away! I'll be sure to try this one, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great beer. As a side note, you should check out the documentary "Beer Wars". It prominently features Sam from Dogfish. Make you never want to buy from the "Big 3" again.

    ReplyDelete