Sunday, May 29, 2011

Wittekerke

Yes, it's another Belgian witbier, and this one happens to be one of the best ones I've tasted. I think most anyone could like this beer. First off, the color is incredible. The cloudy almost off white beverage is a spectacle in itself. I tried it in a dark room and I was still amazed by how light it was. I can only imagine what it would look like in the late afternoon summer sun. Next is the aroma and flavor which are equally appealing. Nothing stands out as overpowering, and I would venture to say that Wittekerke is quite restrained for this style, with only a slight taste of belgian yeast and traditional spicing. But, my fellow flavorful beer aficionados, fear not. Wittekerke's balance is what makes this beer so special. Flavor-wise, it is simply refreshing- in the hot days of July and August (add May and June if you live where I do), this would be like bottled heaven. The malted wheat provides something here that most beers just don't attain. I tried to describe it (unsuccessfully) in an earlier post, and I still can't pin it down, but if you're a fan of wheat beers, you might know what I'm talking about. Delicious.
-Taster Be

No comments:

Post a Comment