Sunday, May 1, 2011

Gouden Carolus Tripel

Oh my fellow fine beer drinkers, last night I had the pleasure of enjoying a few rare beers at The Brick Store in Decatur, GA. This place was incredible. Each beer I ordered came in its own special glass not only appropriate for the style, but also baring the name of the brewery. I began the evening with this Belgian tripel in the upstairs Belgian tap room. The nose reveals very subtle hops and the spiciness of the belgian yeast strains.  The taste was soft, yet very complex with fruits reminiscent of apricot and delicate sweetness. This beer made me want to sit and sip and enjoy a mind-expanding conversation with my wife while marveling at my good fortune in life. I don't get a chance to drink this style on draft very often, and the whole experience was something I will remember for a long time.  Delicious.
-Taster Be

No comments:

Post a Comment