Saturday, February 12, 2011

Grand Ivey Brewery's Kimosabe Ale

So, this was my first homebrew of the season, and it was a bit of a mashup between a Belgian Dubbel and an American Pale Ale. It came from two one gallon kits that my brother-in-law got me for xmas and I was a lazy man and didn't want to spend the time to make them separately for 1 gallon each, so I mixed em and made up my own hop schedule. Brew day was full of flaws with mash temperature and the barley was probably pretty old since it came ground in the bag. Whenever this type of thing happens I always try to relax and remember that whatever comes out of this will still be beer. But enough of the beer nerd-dome.
Results: An amber-orange colored ale which has some really strange fruit taste going on and almost no bitterness. I gave a bottle to my BIL and he said it tasted like juice to him. So, this one goes down as a fail. But hey, it's still beer!
- taster Be
P.S. What do you all think of making a chart of number of beers we've tasted by style? It might encourage some branching out of our comfort zones.

No comments:

Post a Comment