Thursday, June 16, 2011

Rogue Shakespeare Stout

Okay, so I'm delving into the archives of photos a bit, but this brew from Rogue was definitely memorable.  I got it because I heard from a respectable source that it was a great example of an American stout. Boy was I glad for the recommendation. Shakespeare himself could have hyped this beer and I still would have been impressed. It pours dark black with a nice light brown head. Initially, I thought there would be more hop aroma because of the "American" label, but this is definitely more for the roasted malt lovers out there. Very silky smooth mouthfeel with dark chocolate and roast coffee overtones. The yeast strain is mild enough to really let the malt and hops shine in this one. Finishing the last sip made me say "parting is such sweet sorrow that I shall say goodnight 'til it be morrow." Delicious.
-Taster Be

No comments:

Post a Comment