Saturday, June 18, 2011

Knee Deep Brewing, Tanilla Porter


Knee Deep Brewing's Tanilla Porter has become one of my favorite porters if not one of my favorite beers after tasting it earlier this week.  The porter has a sweet chocolate flavor from the roasted malts and a very pleasant vanilla flavor from the use of Tahitian Vanilla beans.  Drinking this beer on draft I didn't notice much head and the beer is a medium to light body and holds 6.3% abv. Although I didn't see a physical address posted on the Brewery's website it is apparent that Knee Deep is out of the Sierra Foothills and the Master Brewer is from Reno which makes this Lake Tahoe guy very happy.  Despite the low ratings and poor reviews for this beer on Beer Advocate.com I am sticking with this one and think it is top notch.  I am going to hunt down more beer styles from this brewery asap.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I just tried this tonight and loved it also. Like you I was pretty shocked by the Beer Advocate reviews on the other hand it seems to do much better on ratebeer.com. Strange to say the least. Must go get a bottle of this. I really enjoyed the toasted marshmallow quality of it.

    ReplyDelete