Saturday, April 16, 2011

Lucky Bucket Pre-Prohibition Lager

The name of the brewery sparks up nostalgia of underneath the bottle cap picture puzzles, but this lager is a probably a bit more interesting than what my six-year-old palate remembers of the sips of Lucky Lager that Dr. Grandpa used to let me have. I like the label and its description of the beer, but this is the first beer that I have imbibed thus far that I taste and think "Holy corn!" It makes me wonder if they used it as an adjunct, but according to the description of this beer, there aren't as many additives as one finds in most of today's American lagers. To me, that reads like the adjuncts used today. An interesting drink, but not my favorite American lager. I don't really taste the west coast hops used in dry hopping, and really all I can think of is corn.  Now if it would have had some drawings underneath the cap, I might be swayed to buy some more. Weiner desk a shin.
-Taster Be

No comments:

Post a Comment